Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Where has the year gone?

Looking at the calendar today I can hardly believe that we are in December 2008.

I have been busy preparing holiday fragrances and tying ribbons on them.

A year ago I moved to the desert - the Palm Springs area. At that time I did not imagine that in December is when the desert is really spring...Flowers are blooming, beautiful pink blossoms are hanging on huge trees...bulbs are sprouting up...lemons, grapefruits, tangerines, and oranges are getting ripe and falling down. What an amazing time ..!!!!

The burst of color and the wonderful lush blooms of my multi color roses greet me in the garden. The lovely floral sweetness of the double delight roses. The many varieties of yellow roses compete for the most fragrant display...The gardenias are exploding with blooms. What a great time to share coffee or tea poolside.

The scent of the juniper lining the fence is very strong and comforting at the same time.