Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Grapefruit Essence - The Smell of Youth?

I love the smell of grapefruit in the morning...My tree is overflowing with ripe pink grapefruits....When you pick the grapefruit from the tree the quick pop of the fruit separating from the tree sends a zest of fresh tang to your nose...Ooohh heaven..

I don't know if this will make me any younger...as the new claims in the fragance market are trying to sell me on...I do know being an aromatherapist and perfumer...that the smell makes me happy, uplifted, and anti depressed all in one fell swoop...

Studies have also shown that the smell of grapefruit will curb your appetite...Not for me...I get very hungry when I cut into the fruit and it sprays me on the face...Nice red flesh and juicy to boot...tart flavor and enchanting aroma..
I love using grapefruit as a top note in a natural fragrance....Ruby red, pink grapefruit, or white grapefruit..they all lend a freshness that is undescribable...