Monday, January 17, 2011

In Honor Of Dr. Martin Luther King

I have a dream!

Here are some lines from this wonderful and famous speech.

Martin Luther King's Address at March on Washington
August 28, 1963. Washington, D.C.




I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.


I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."


I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.


I have a dream today.


When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

 Quotes by Martin Luther King, Jr.


A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.



Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.


Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.