Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Some Things Change, Some Stay The Same


I recently looked at this cover of Womans Home Companion magazine.  It is from June 1905.  It cost ten cents. That is amazing in that most magazines today are selling for $5.00 or more an issue. 

On the lower left side of the cover it says "The Three Most Beautiful Roses". What never changes is our appreciation of beautiful flowers and their lovely scent. I so love reading about different varieties of new hybrid tea roses and growing the best smelling ones. What does change is the fact that they are now creating more "beautiful" roses and breeding out the scent.  We tend to like perfect flowers and the scent is apparently not the most important thing.  Not in my world.  How about you?

I create tinctures from exquisite smelling roses.  These special tinctures go into my custom perfumes.