Thursday, June 24, 2010

Mystery of Musk Project - Sensual Embrace eau de parfum

Persia by George Barbier

Mystery of Musk: The Natural Perfumers Guild Internet Project - June - July 2010

It was announced on the Natural Perfumers Guild list that we were having a Mystery of Musk internet project.  This is where Guild Perfumers could participate if they volunteered to create a musk fragrance.  I jumped at the chance and was one of the professional perfumers chosen.  

In this piece of art we see a Musk deer and a Persian woman.  Persia used the musk deer for perfumes until the musk deer almost became extinct.  Now the musk found in commercial perfumes is synthetic.

Being a natural botanical perfumer I do not use animal oils so when I was chosen to create a Mystery of Musk fragrance I looked at the list of ingredients that we could use.  I chose to use angelica seed and ambrette seed which is from a hibiscus.  The musky smell comes through my fragrance without having to harm an animal.  It is very sexy and sensual.  I used a total of 16 ingredients to create my formula.  I named my creation Sensual Embrace as that is what it feels like spraying it on my body.  It is unisex. Enjoy!

It is available for purchase on my website http://www.joannebassett.com/edt.htm  and at http://www.joannebassett.etsy.com/ 

#momusk